Laboratory work 5
Data validation principles of the Borexino neutrino detector
Goal of this laboratory work is to learn the principles of low level data analysis using Borexino neutrino detector, taking the decisions on data quality and adequacy for the next following high level analysis.
Laboratory work will be done on computers in the NRC "Kurchatov Institute" in the framework of scientific and educational laboratory of neutrino physics and astroparticles. The students will be given the access to the data of auxiliary daq system of the Borexino detector. They will learn the layout of the detector and its daq system based on fast waveform digitizers, as well as find out the instruments developed for this system in order to monitor and validate experimental data. Based on examples of data taken during different daq periods, the students will be taking the decisions on data quality and its adequacy for the next following high level analysis.
- Borexino detector, its layout and physical tasks
- DAQ system based on fast waveform digitizers as part of Borexino
- Chain of low level experimental data analysis
- Data validation script, set of parameters and histograms to monitor
- Examples of normal and problematic runs
- Launching data validation script and taking the decisions on data quality