Figure 1. Space-time foam. Source
The idea of extra dimensions has become one of key components of many theories trying to unify fundamental interactions in recent decades. Boson sector of such theories usually includes different kinds of scalar and vector fields, and fields of antisymmetric forms. At the same time extra components of D-dimensional metrics naturally lead to the appearance of scalar and vector fields due to the reduction towards four-dimensional space-time.
One of our groups develops the approach, invoking the existence of compact extra dimensions and the Lagrangian (nonlinear in Ricci scalar) contains only the metric tensor as dynamical variables.
What has been done so far
- the method of reduction of multidimensional gravity with higher derivatives to 4 dimensions with observable properties has been developed;
- we have proposed the mechanism of stabilization of the size of extra dimension;
- we have proposed a unified description of inflationary and modern stages of Universe;
- we have offered a possible solution to the Universe parameters fine-tuning based on “the cascade of reduction”;
- we have proposed the the explanation of the gauge invariance appearance;
- we have developed the models of primordial black holes formation and models of the fine structure constant variation;
- we have offered the model generating the baryon asymmetry and the model describing the formation of the Higgs-like field.
Our plans for the future
- the model of baryogenesis
- the mechanism of the primordial black holes clusters formation and its observational manifestations
- solution of the hierarchy problem;
- realization of Higgs mechanism with multidimensional fermions;
- solution of the problem concerning the small neutrino mass
You are welcome for cooperation
if you are interested in:
- dynamics of compact extra dimensions;
- primordial black holes;
- evolution of the early Universe;
- multidimensional fermions.
Figure 2. This illustration was taken from the web-site hep.physics.indiana.edu
Search for extra dimensions in particle accelerator experiments
Very heavy particles with peculiar properties could be found in proton-proton collisions confirming the existence of extra dimensions.
For example, if a graviton was born, it could escape in extra dimension. In this case the ATLAS experiment could detect the energy disbalance.
Another way to experimentally reveal extra dimensions is to observe the microscopic black hole formation in particle collision.
- S.G. Rubin; «On the Origin of Gauge Symmetries and Fundamental Constants»; J.Exp.Theor.Phys. 109 (2009) 961-967, Zh.Eksp.Teor.Fiz. 136 (2009) 1113-1120
- S.V. Bolokhov, K.A. Bronnikov, S.G. Rubin; «The Higgs field and extra dimensions»; Grav.Cosmol. 17 (2011) 31-34
- S.V. Bolokhov, K.A. Bronnikov, S.G. Rubin; «Extra dimensions as a source of the electroweak model»; Phys.Rev. D84 (2011) 044015
- A. V. Grobov, S. G. Rubin; «Higgs-Like Field and Extra Dimensions»; Int J Theor Phys (2013) 52
- R. V. Konoplich, S.G.Rubin, I. V. Svadkovsky; «Radion Production at LHC via the Process of Vector-Boson Fusion»; Physics of Atomic Nuclei, Vol. 76 (2013), No. 4, pp. 515–524
- A.A. Kirillov, A.A. Korotkevich, S.G. Rubin; «Emergence of symmetries»; Physics Letters B, 718 (2012) 237-240